Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Aprés Londres. After London, let's reflect

Early Saturday morning my host mom drove me to the trains tation to get on the bus headed to England. I was really tired, and not as excited as i thought i would be. I think there is kind of a spark missing in me these days, it makes me sad. anyway i got on the bus and we drove a long time, then got on a ferrie to cross the english channel, then drove some more.

1st stop: Canterbury, England.
It was really cute, with cobblestone streets and all that jazz, there were also a ton of tourist which drives me crazy. Although it was beautiful, it was so over crowded. Some of my friends from America and i did a little shopping , then shoved ourselves in a red phone booth for some pcitures.

We got back on the bus and drove more this time to LOndon. It was dinner time so me and some more exhcange student friends walked aroung london looking for food. We went to some crazy chinese resturant and then sat t tables that we got yelled at for using.

the hotle we stayed at was okay, rather boring though. nothing happened there. Everyone was always so tired it was straight to bed.

The next day we went to a crazy overcrowded waax museum in LOdon, then to windsor castle where the queen and the princes live, my future husband. That tour was cool, i like being able to say that i have been there. then we went back into the city for more running around london by night.

The next day was our free day. It was great. We bought passes to the LOndo undergorund and went wild, polatform 9 3/4, Buckingham palce, big ben, westminister abbey, and everywhere. IT was great just running around the city. i got home at 5:45 in the morning on Tuesday.

The trip was really fun. IT wasnt what i expected it to be, but it was a different kind of great. IU always have this sad gut feeling that doesnt let me see things in a whole positive way and this feeling is really hard to get rid of. IT made my london trip a little homesickey, i was thinking how great it would have been to have my mom and sister with me in harrods, or my daddy and i on the 'LOndon eye' huge ferrise wheel.

Another scattered blog entery by me. yup.

love from belgium

maura

1 comment:

Hillary said...

How wonderful, Maura!
When I do the Shimer Oxford program my junior year, you are going to visit me in London, and then... THEN we can go to Harrod's together.